1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Butter and flour 8 muffin cups
3. In a double boiler, melt 6 oz bitter or semisweet chocolate, chopped and ¾ stick butter.
4. Remove from heat and sift in ¼ c unsifted cocoa. Stir until smooth.
5. In a medium bowl, beat 4 large egg whites and 1/8 tsp cream of tartar until soft peaks form.
6. Gradually add 2 T sugar and beat until whites are stiff but not dry.
7. Fold ¼ egg whites into chocolate mixture, then the rest.
8. Fill each muffin cup ¾ full and bake until cracked on top but gooey in center, about 7-8 minutes.9. Let sit 2-3 min until the cakelets shrink from sides of muffin cups.